Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Another Actual Conversation
Receptionist - "Good morning, [name of Computer Company], this is [Valancy Jane], how can I help you?"

Caller - "I wanna buy a mobile home from you guys."

Receptionist - "Oh, I'm sorry, you must have the wrong number."

Caller - "No, I'm calling to buy a mobile home."

Receptionist - "We manufacture [computer thingamabobs]. You must have a wrong number."

Caller - "But I was given this number."

Receptionist - "Would you like to read me the number to check it? Because we don't make or sell mobile homes here."

Caller - "Are you sure?"

Receptionist - "Yes."

Caller - "You sell mobile homes."

Receptionist - "No. We don't. Wrong number."

Caller - "Are you sure?"

Receptionist - "I'm looking around and I can say with relative certainty, sir, that we have not changed the nature of the business in the last couple minutes, so yes. I'm sure."

Caller - "Are you new?"

Receptionist - "No."

Caller - *disgusted noise* *hangs up*


2 Comments:

Blogger PomHeart said...

sooo... can you get me a good price on a mobile home?

Blogger Unknown said...

I would have told him "sorry sir that department has moved"

:D

Post a Comment

<< Home