Thursday, July 13, 2006
All The Weird Things That Freak Me Out.
When I was a kid, I remember reading in a book that the sun was just a star, and like all stars, it could burn out one day. I broke into a cold sweat, and was in a panic about this for about a year and a half.

Then I read that stars and comets and things could smash into the earth. Keep in mind that I was an insomiac child. I would spend half the night lying in bed, looking out the window at the stars, trying to determine if any of them were getting bigger and closer.

It's a wonder I grew up with any scrap of sanity left.




As an adult, I still have a few irrational fears.

Really tall people.
I'm sorry. You might very well be a lovely human being, I know that, but if you're over 6'5, you cause a little quakey feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach.
Silly? Yes. I apologize to all the tall folk out there.
I think it's because of a reoccuring nightmare when I was a kid.

Lava lamps.
The only explanation I can think of for this is that it reminds me of egg yolks. *shudder*

Egg yolks. *shudder*
I've never been able to stomach even watching someone else eat runny egg yolk. *shudder*

MRIs.
I'll happily die of brain cancer before I go through that again.

Pictures or footage of storms at sea.
I read too many books about shipwrecks as a kid, and a very active imagination isn't ALWAYS a blessing.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot about those freaky blow up Christmas decorations.

*shudder*

-Coco

Blogger melissa said...

Okay, so I have an overly active imagination myself.

I have a really irrational fear of being attacked in an automatic car wash. 'Cause hello?! The guy would totally have like three minutes to kill me or whatever else he had in mind.

Needless to say, I lock my doors and check my mirrors. A lot.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Coco - My fear of those is VERY RATIONAL. They simply aren't right.

Mlisso - I understand. I'm convinced I'll be pickpocketed. I'm so weird about how I hold my purse and glare at people who get too close.

Post a Comment

<< Home