Monday, June 19, 2006
So Yeah, She Actually DID Get Me, Her Little Pretty.
So the lovely and sweet mother of one of my kidlets got me tickets last minute for CYT's production of Wizard of Oz.

In fact, after mentioning her name at the ticket window, they gave us FRONT ROW tickets.
And when you're short like me, that's great news.

One of the sound guys saw fit to set a large speaker right in front of Nick and I.
But what it blocked of the view, it overcompensated for in sound.

Oh, the noise. Oh, the pain.

Covering my ears made it bearable, but the thing about being in the front row is that the actors can SEE you. And the ones in the front of the stage, most likely to see you, are the young ones who are least likely to understand why you are covering your ears and most likely to take it personally and bite back tears.

The Wicked Witch, at that volume, sounded like a tiny nutmeg grater on my eardrum. And I can't even talk about the Lollipop Guild. *twitch*

At intermission, we moved over away from the speakers and enjoyed the rest of the play immensely. Jesse was a FABULOUS Mayor of the Munchkins, talent for cool funny voices really runs in that family. And my little Catie did twirled and flipped across the stage as one of the Ozettes, and was her usual adorable self.

And at the end, I got to return some of the deafness, cheering so loudly for my kidlets.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home