Thursday, June 15, 2006
Guaranteed To Make You Puke, Or Your Money Back.
Apparently I was really settling with my previous relationships. I really had no idea at the time. Love is one of the few things I've always been quite practical about, perhaps even cynical. I attribute my happiness in relationships to what I now see were my REALLY low expectations.

And then there was Nick.
I'm so spoiled on that boy.

Nick really knows how to LOVE. I've never known anyone with so much love to give. And it's poured over my head every single day. It's in every touch, every word, every glance. It's the first thing I hear in the morning, and the last thing I hear at night. It takes my breath away and I don't understand how I got so lucky.

It's like going on vacation and having them ask you to stay forever, free of charge.

It's like winning the lotto and when they send you the check, they round up to the nearest million.

It's like every day is a holiday. With fireworks and good food.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as if we haven't had a fight or two. (Somebody doesn't really belong to you until you've withstood the first fight.) But it's amazing how fighting the same way, and fighting for the same thing, (understanding, not 'winning') takes the sting out of it all.

When Nick said in the middle of an arguement, "I don't want you to ever feel like there is something you can't say to me" I swear I almost proposed, right in the middle of the arguement.

Nick and I are such a perfect fit it's almost enough to make a girl believe in fate and all that crap. But I don't care if it's fate or coincidence or insanely good luck. Whatever. I'll take it.

I didn't know love could be like this.
I didn't know I could love like this.
I didn't know it could be so easy.
I didn't know it didn't have to be scary.
I didn't know I could be so sure.
I didn't know it would take so little from me.
I didn't know anyone could understand me so well.
I didn't know I could be this close to someone.

I didn't know the touch of someone's hand could be felt so deep.

I never knew earth could feel so much like heaven.


4 Comments:

Blogger PomHeart said...

isn't it the bestest?

Blogger CamoBunny said...

(retch.)

(retch.)

(hurl.)

dear vj,

thanks for the tip you left on avoiding splashback.

luv, cb.

*hey, you're the one who said it was guaranteed to make me puke. just letting you know you're delivering as promised.

Blogger melissa said...

I didn't throw up.

Not once.

I'm so happy for the two of you, veaj.

:)

Blogger CamoBunny said...

i should add a winking smiley, because i did not mean to sound all mean.

;)

Post a Comment

<< Home