Friday, June 02, 2006
Ask Miss VJ
Dear Miss VJ,

I'm mildly worried that I'm a little bit too confident. Not very worried, but it's a fleeting thought, and I thought I might ask you about it because you appear to be incredibly astute, advice-wise. Plus I love the primping you often do as you answer your column. (And that pink boa. Adorable.)

Whereas when I was younger, I was insecure for the most part (teenage years, what can I tell you), it would seem that I've gone so far over to the other side that I am almost not insecure about anything. Thing is, I'm told all the time that I'm just too confident. I'm a little bit baffled, because I didn't realize it was quite THAT obvious. It's actually gotten to the point that certain friends of mine suspect that I have zero insecurities, which is of course not true, although I will admit that none of my insecurities are related to body image, which is rare.

Any ideas or tips as to what sort of reply I could give to the next person who accuses me of being "just too darn confident"?

- A Girl who Believes that Confidence is the Key to Success in Life





*tries to scowl but her forhead is suspiciously smooth*

*only manages to wrinkle her nose*

*gives up*





Dear Miss Confidence,

Ok, so the only problem is people offering unsolicited judgement on something they're most likely jealous of?
'Cause if you'd crossed over into arrogance, you wouldn't (a) writing to Miss VJ or (b) even listening to them in the first place.

Miss VJ is a fan of making people really HEAR themselves.
So look confused and say, "Why is that a problem? Do you think I'm not actually all that great, or did false modesty suddenly stop being annoying and become a virtue?"
Odds are they won't want to align themselves with either arguement (at least not to your face) and will most likely shut up.
If not, make use of that imfamous confidence by laughing in their face and saying, "Tell you what, when I actually have a problem, I'll come to you for advice FIRST."


Adorably,
Miss VJ



*smiles with her whole face, using her scalp muscles to lift her eyebrows*

*exhausted*

*puts cucumbers over her eyes*



Next question, please.


1 Comments:

Blogger michael.dufel said...

You know what I think about confidence. There should be a sign. 'Confidence, helping assholes get women for eternity.'

Post a Comment

<< Home