Friday, June 02, 2006
Another Actual Conversation
Customer Service Gal - "So, you ready for the weekend?"

Receptionist - "Oh yeah. I'm ALWAYS ready for a weekend. Even if a weekend should catch me unawares, I would be ready. If it traded spots with Weds, I would roll with the new order smoothly. If it jumped out at me from around a corner and yelled 'BOO!' I wouldn't even blink. If it hunted me down in the wilderness, I would not be caught unprepared. If it woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me it had arrived on a red-eye flight, I would have towels laid out for it. If it rear-ended me on my drive home, I'd have my insurance info and camera ready. If it wore an elaborate disguise and pranked me on national television, I would recognize it. So, yeah. I'm ready for the weekend."


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You truly are a brilliant woman. Well said indeed.

Blogger karla said...

Holy shit, that's funny; I wish I'd said that.

Never mind, I'm GOING to say that. I can't wait to say that.

Post a Comment

<< Home