Tuesday, May 23, 2006
I Didn't Buy Them.
It took me about half an hour to talk myself out of buying them.

See, I had to buy silver shoes to match my 'moondust' bridesmaid dress.
The only silver shoes I could find looked either like rejects from Liberace's middle east tour, or total stripper shoes.

After several stores (and remember I have NO attention span for shopping) I was getting a bit discouraged.

I pointed at one pair. Clear plastic bottom with stilleto heel, silver sole and glitterly silver strap.
"See Nick, these are only appropriate if you're swinging around a pole or serving drinks in a topless club."

Nick poked the shoes.

*FLASH*

The shoes LIT UP.

You know, like little kids sneakers?
Yeah. Like that.
Red and green flashing lights.
All down the heel.

Our eyes widened, then turned and met.
"Ooooooooooooooooooo."


For the next half hour I stood there, giggling manically and whispering, "No. No, I couldn't."


4 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

Maybe for the reception?

Blogger melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You so need those.

If not for the wedding, to make people SERIOUSLY wonder about your profession. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto what m.i.l said. Thus, in response to your last sentence, yes, VJ, yes you could.

[pan to Nick in the background waving desperately but silently, making the slashing gesture at his throat indicating "would you STOP encouraging her?!?"]

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Actually Nick was encouraging me to do it. The whole time I was standing there looking at them, trying to talk myself out of buying them, he kept poking them to make me giggle, and saying, "You could always claim you didn't NOTICE they were light up."

Which was a nice idea but no one in my family would buy it.
They'll all be like, "Yeah RIGHT you didn't know."

Post a Comment

<< Home