Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Letter To John
This is long overdue thank you.
All those years ago, when I blatantly hit on you in the middle of the workday, I had no idea you would become such a treasured friend. And there is one aspect of our friendship, that I don't know if you know how much it meant to me.
You were the first person I ever admitted to about the sexual abuse of my childhood. And not just because you were the first person with the perception and guts to ask me point blank.
You were also the first person I ever trusted to be able to handle the answer.
You have no idea what it meant to me, that you could look at that much hurt and not flinch. And to envision a me without all that pain.

You gave me a picture of myself, John, that was truthful yet hopeful.
It was the foundation of the peace I've since built.
Thank you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home