Thursday, April 27, 2006
Letter To A Friend Of The Family (Inspired by 'Rez, and yes, I will really send it.)
Growing up, I was always watched you, far more than you might have realized. I would often pretend to be busy with something, but I was listening to every word you said.
I admired you.


As I grews older, my admiration grew into a crush on you. And a few years ago, when an odd twist threw us into a long drive in the same car, where we talked of everything under the sun, I was reminded of why.

Watching you, that teenage crush, it shaped part of me still to this day. You carved an image in my mind of what a really nice/decent/GOOD guy was like. It's affected what I've sought out in love, what I knew to look for.
Don't worry, this isn't a love letter. Teenage crushes pass, and I'm eversohappily in love with a nice guy of my own generation.
This is a thank you note.

I just wanted you to know all this.
I'm not signing this, not because I want to remain anonymous (frankly, if you don't already know, it would probably take only minutes to find out and I really don't mind in the least if you do), but because my identity isn't nearly as important as the sentiment I want to convey.


1 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

Ahh. Heartfelt sentiment. It really does warm the heart.

Post a Comment

<< Home