Thursday, April 20, 2006
The Bidding War. For My Love.
I shouldn't use the real company names, should I?

Ok, just so they don't show up on google searches, we'll call them 'rhymes with Bentel' and 'AND but with an M'.

They're competing as to who can cover my desk with the most swag.
I love it.
I egg it on a bit, admittedly.

It started with the pens.

The rhymes with Bentel guy started keeping me well stocked in rhymes with Bentel pens for my desk.
The AND but with an M guy saw it, drove back to the office and came back immediately with a box of AND but with an M pens.

When we put up the AND but with an M plaque in the lobby, the rhymes with Bentel guy complained. I told him to get me a prettier rhymes with Bentel plaque.
He overnighted us a bigger, shinier one.

And it goes on and on, who can drape me and my desk with more of their logos.

Currently rhymes Bentel is winning, but I won't admit that to them.

All that to say, who out there needs a rhymes with Bentel travel mug? Even at the disturbingly fast rate that I lose them, I've still got an overstock.


4 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

*clears throat*

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my devs came to us from "AND" and a rhymes-with-Bentel mug would be the perfect gag gift. Will trade for other tech industry swag, mostly "Sicromoft" branded, but willing to consider older dot.gone swag if it will seal the deal.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Gimmie an address and one blue rhymes with Bentel mug is yours.

Blogger Paul said...

Oh how I wish I could get that to happen here. I think the rhymes with Smell and MP with an H people would have a good time here doing that. Oh well, let's just say I'm at the end of the helping of end users so I don't get swag. *tears*

Post a Comment

<< Home