Monday, April 03, 2006
Ask Miss VJ
Dear Ms VJ,

Someone just explained a disturbing dating system to me. Apparently what he does is find eight girls he likes, and do sort of a 'Survivor' thing where they have to pass six dates with him, and then they can officially be his girlfriend. Even more disturbing, he says no one's ever passed.
My first reaction was "OK, that seems kinda...chauvinistic to me, but being a bit of a feminist, I may be oversensitive." After thinking about it, it changed to something like "Arrogant insensitive jerk. Who the HELL does he think he is?" But after thinking about it a bit more...don't we all do something like this when we're inbetween relationships? It's not like I haven't liked multiple people at once, or dated someone purely for my own personal pleasure purposes. Maybe he's just being more honest about the whole twisted dating system. Would a girl be...I don't know...diminishing herself by getting into a situation like the one described?

Opinion Trolling


*files her long nails which never seem to get any shorter for all the filing*

*holds out her hand with the back to her, considers, straightens her ring, and files a bit more on the left ring finger*



Dear Miss Has Opinions But Don't Look Anything Like A Troll,

I'm of the opinion that no dating system is better or worse than the spirit in which it's done. Which is why when someone tries to tell me about some new and improved dating system, I flop down on my canopy bed, pull a mask over my eyes and hum Cyndi Lauper tunes.
The only benefit in such a plan is the feeling of proactiveness that one might feel from taking charge of one's life. That's it, and not even a particularly effective way to do it as they tend to be more limiting than anything else, but *shrug* as long as they don't wanna date me, it's none of my business.
And I gather from you letter that THATS the rub.
And if it feels chauvinistic to you, then in his case it prolly is.
It's that simple, darling.

Adorably,
Miss VJ

P.S. I love you, darling.


*puts cotton between her toes*

*begins to apply a deep rich red polish*

*twitches her nose as she concentrates*


Next question please.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah youth. Wait until you're in your 30s -- it makes a lot more sense then. "Date" takes on a whole different set of meanings, and the context becomes a lot more fluid. Then again so does the concept of "liking" someone...

Post a Comment

<< Home