Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Why Shakespeare Has Always Confused Me A Little.
It's not the language.

I was the dork in school who got teased at first for being able to follow it completely, and then I got really popular around test time.

I blame my Freshman Honors English Teacher, really.

See, he had us watch in class, an old movie version of Romeo and Juliet.
But it being a christian private school, he felt that there were certain scenes that must be edited out. (Yeah, I know, seriously.)

But he didn't just cut them out.
He didn't just fast forward through them.

Oh no.

He spliced in scenes from another movie.

Back to the Future.

No, I'm not kidding.
No, I have no explanation as to why he chose that movie.

The only question I missed on the final was the one where I answered that "Marty McFly went back in time to rescue Juliet from the tomb......."


5 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

HAH!

Well, we also watched that movie in Freshman Honors English.

But I went to a public school.

So I got to be rather giggly as the boys just about died during the "questionable" scenes.

You should have seen the looks on their faces.

I'm sure you can imagine.

I think one may have even whispered "boob!"

:)

Blogger Minoa said...

I always loved the Leonard Whiting & Olivia Hussey version. Mostly b/c I love her name.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wouldst thou leave me so unsatisfied? I need 1.21 gigawatts to get back to 1985!"

Blogger Thérèse said...

I love both of those.

I can't help thinking a new genre could be born here.

Think of the possibilities!

Blogger Lauren said...

woot woot,

Mrs. Bones!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home