Wednesday, March 22, 2006
The Very First "Ask Miss VJ"
Dear Miss VJ,

I have this...uh..."friend" who's seeing this girl, and he really likes her. But, like, he doesn't have a lot of experience with relationships, and he doesn't know how he should ask her to be his girlfriend. Should he, like, just ask her, or give her something special? What should I...I mean, my "friend" do?

Mystified in Mira Mesa



*relaxes on a chaise lounge and bites the end of her cigarette holder*

*looks serious for like, a whole minute*

*rolls up the sleeves of her pink satin robe*



Dear Mmmmmmm,

*wink*
Darlink, you overthink it. Don't ask. When someone is your girlfriend/boyfriend/both at once* you just KNOW. Somewhere along the line, you've both dropped anyone else and it just becomes natural to refer to him/her/he-she/them* as your significant other. While this rarely happens for both of you at exactly the same moment, at some point, you'll know. And there won't be any of that terrifying asking business, and more of that *wiggles eyebrows* business business.

Have a drink. Enjoy the ride.

Adorably,
Miss VJ

(*Miss VJ does not discriminate)










*slinky walk across the room to the bar*

*pours a drink*

Next question, please.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Miss VJ,

Love the robe! Ok. Now for my question. Ahem.

I have a... um... two, actually. Two "friends" who are both perfect for me, and for each other. We've all gotten married to each other countless times. (You know, in several of those spontaneous renewal of the vows ceremonies that usually involve throwing ice cream and a trampoline, among other things.) It's a unique relationship triangle, not completely unlike that of Betty and Veronica and Archie's.

My question to you is, how can I get the world to understand without judging? I figure if anyone can help, it's you.

Sincerely,

Anonymous. (cough)

Blogger michael.dufel said...

Dear Miss VJ,

You must live in a different world. Obviously NOT the world of engineers. You don't just *happen* to find yourself with a girlfriend. There has to be a defined boundry between friend and girlfriend and that transition usually only occurs AFTER an awkward question has been asked. You won't find a lot of engineers stopping traffic and kissing a guy in the middle of the road.

I submit that your advice is good and well as long as NEITHER of the two parties are engineers.

I should also note the phenomenon of the 'faker engineer.' These engineers and not true engineers. They dress nice, are always cleanly shaven, and suck as engineers. Yes, they are just stepping through on the way to management. They usually are the first to get married.

Sincerly,

Engineer Bob

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Miss VJ,

I would like to respond to Engineer Bob's comments.

Not all engineers fit in the box. I am an engineer and I don't fit in either one of those categories, yo. I don't suck as an engineer, nor do I have hygiene problems. I am however part of a band called Fakin' It so if that's what you mean by fakers, then... okay. I'm a faker.

But otherwise, I disagree. I mean... just last week I found myself all of a sudden accidentally having a girlfriend. It happens.

Sincerely,

Engineer 'Rez

Post a Comment

<< Home