Thursday, March 16, 2006
I Love Grocery Shopping
Clothes shopping I could do without.
It's not that I dislike it, its that I have no attention span for it.
I have a very ADD wardrobe.
As in, I walk in, pick up something vibrantly colored or velvet, buy it, and wander over the bookstore.
No wonder nothing matches.


But grocery shopping. That's another story.

Oh how I love grocery shopping.

First the pouring through cookbooks to figure out what new recipes I wanna try.
Then the list, part 1.
Then the list, part 2, which just reshuffles list part 1 into the exact order of how I will pass the items in the store, in the order in which I will visit the three main stores I use.

First Trader Joes.

Then the arabic market.

Then Vons.

Wandering down the aisle, picking healthy food, decadant food, cuddling the tomatoes, finding just the right corner of the cart for the brown eggs.
I love it.
The possibilities. The potential.

Once I get it all home and put away, I open the cupboards and gloat for a little while. I daydream about all the lovely things I do with the garbanzo beans, how my friends will like the pasta, how the leftover chicken will tempt me all morning before lunch at my desk.

Next time on "Ways That I'm Weird" we'll discuss my love for my dishes.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great idea just filtered through, post a picture of your kitchen. Show us where the magic happens!!! I want to see that lfe sustaining fridge in all her glory and if you don't name her I already have..Alexandira the ice Box of Sustenance.

My verification word was avacodo

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm willing to bet she's already named the refrigerator.

Blogger Michael said...

*feels guilty about not sending VJ the digital camera yet*

it's comming when I get $ vj, I swear!

Post a Comment

<< Home