Monday, March 06, 2006
Happy Birthday Jesse!
I’ve been lucky in the sense that all my life, I’ve always had one person I could count on.
At times that’s ALL I had, but it’s always felt like more than enough.

You’ve had the difficult task of being considered the smarter, more stable and better looking child and you did it without ever making me feel like less.

You always pushed me to do better, but never acted as if I’m not good enough.
You’ve let me fall apart on you, seen me at my emotional messiest, and not judged me.

Any time I’ve needed to talk, you made the time.
Any time I needed money you gave it and never questioned me.

There is a moment etched in my memory.
We were about 3 and 5, I’m guessing. We were driving somewhere, I think to the house in New Jersey, in the RV.
We stopped at a rest stop, someplace in the Midwest, the flat fields went off in every direction and you and I wandered off aways.

I stared out trying to see the edge of the field or something to orient myself, and I began to fill dizzy with the sheer size of it all, and suddenly it was all so overwhelmingly BIG and my breath caught from feeling so small.

You stuck out your hand to me, and there you looked so familiar, so definite and defineable. I breathed out slowly and we turned and walked back to the rest stop.

It’s kinda always been like that.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt thoughts. They really mean a lot. I will always be there for you. We sure have had some fun memories and I hope we have many more. I am very proud of and admire the person you have become. Insanely funny, creative to no end, down to earth and the kind of friend that everyone should have for a best friend. I love you very much.

J.

Blogger Karen said...

awww *tears of joy* ...your both so lucky to have each other. I admire you both.

Post a Comment

<< Home