Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Another Actual Conversation
Blond Coworker - "Doesn't that beeping drive you nuts?"

Receptionist - "What beeping?"

Blond Coworker - "You know, the beeping of the security system."

Receptionist - *blank look*

Blond Coworker - "It would drive me crazy."


*month later*


Coworker with all the Plants - "I don't know how you handle that beeping noise down here."

Receptionist - "I really don't know what people are talking about. I don't hear anything."

Coworker with all the Plants - "That. .............................. Right there. You didn't hear that? There it is again."

Receptionist - "Nope."

Coworker with all the Plants - "I'm standing right next to you. I can hear it plainly. You really can't hear it?"

Receptionist - *listens* "No."


*weeks later*


Executive - "I don't know how you put up with that beeping."

Receptionist - "I think I need a vacation. I've been in this lobby too long."


2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I can understand that. One time I had to go up to our child development center to fix a computer. The room has 2 and 3 year olds in it and evidently they were all watching what I was doing and making noise. The teacher was like "they're not bothering you?" and I was like "I've got one of my own used to strange toy noises."

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home