Thursday, March 16, 2006
About Toothbrushes, But Not Really.
Last night as I was about to brush my teeth, it dawned on me that I still had JR's and David's toothbrushes in the cup with mine.

The words "Awwww" and "Ewwwww" passed through my mind simultaneously.

I picked them up and held them, feeling a sense of lose at the idea of throwing them away. "She'll be lonely" I thought as I looked down at my toothbrush.
I shook it off with a start.

I replaced that thought with, "Maybe she'll enjoy the peace and quiet. The space."

Yeah, somewhere along the line I'd stopped really talking about the toothbrush.



And so I picked up all three toothbrushes and blew them each a kiss and dropped them into the trash.

"Goodbye JR."

"Goodbye David."

"Goodbye to that last little part of me that fears being alone."









P.S. The new toothbrush is yellow. "Florence." I caught her winking at the flosser.


6 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

unrelated, you said you wanted one.

http://www.mediatinker.com/blog/archives/009547.html#009547

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being alone is not something to be feared, nor dreaded. For me, time alone as time for introspection and time to do what I want, and not have to consider what anyone else wants or whether they're bored or entertained. A time to take off your social mask and truly be yourself.

On the other hand, it's nice to be with someone special from time to time.

*ehug*

Everything is alive in your world.

That's highly commendable.

Blogger Thérèse said...

I like how you look at things, Veaj. We find closure in a million and one ways for a million and one things.

I respect your courage in the face of... well? Your own fear. I like that you refuse to be afraid of anything.*

(blows kisses)



*MRIs don't count.

Blogger Thérèse said...

PS. Nice golden boobs. ;)

Blogger Michael said...

That was beautiful

Post a Comment

<< Home