Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Kids, They KNOW The Good Stuff.
So while I was in the arabic market, I spent some time pondering the aisle that experience has led me to understand is the 'sweets' aisle.

I can identify approximately 11% of the products on that aisle, anything else is a blind tastebud adventure. I was standing on the aisle, contemplating two equally mysterious packages, when I saw a little boy watching me.

I held up the packages, as if weighing them, gave a questioning look and smiled.
He smiled back, but said nothing, and blushed and ran back to another aisle, but not before I'd seen his eyes light up at the darker package.

So I bought it, and boy was he right. It's some sort of fig, pistachio and coconut concoction, and its dreamy.
Wish I'd had a chance to share it with him.


2 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I may be many kinds of a freak, but not THAT kind.

Children are perfectly safe in my presense, if you don't count all the candy I let them eat, or how loud the music is.

Blogger egan said...

You said "boy" right? Do I need to alert the authorities?

Post a Comment

<< Home