Friday, February 03, 2006
In A Perfect World ..........
........... my apartment would be above a Trader Joes store.

Currently, I live above a couple who's idea of foreplay is fighting. Loud fight, louder sex. Repeat.

Not that I mind the noise, really. I'm a sound sleeper, and I'm sure I've played my music a bit loud at times too. Noise in small apartments in inevitable and I can deal. And it's not even that its so loud really.
It's just it's so personal.
I don't need to know, people.

I used to repeat everything they said back to them, on about a 5 second delay, to make them aware of how perfectly I could hear them. That used to work.
Now they just yell over me.


But anyway. About Trader Joes. I love it. I want to marry it.
Not only is it organic and healthy, not only does it contain the best selection of ethnic foods, it's CHEAP.

Ok, so I stocked up on a week's groceries, and 10 bottles of wine. (Ok 10 bottles isn't a weeks worth of wine, I was stocking up. Shut it.) I got some great pasta sauces, soft Indian flatbreads, sushi, etc.
How much do you think I paid?

$53.

Yep. That's it.
Oh, yeah. That total also included two boquets of flowers. One of stunning blue irises for Bunny, and some gorgeous calla lilies for myself.

Go fall in love with Trader Joes.
Fall in love with them over a plateful of their pasta and a bottle of wine. (Which will set you back a mere $5.)


4 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i DO love trader joes!

love love love

Blogger Bake Town said...

I married Trader Joe's a few years ago. I never shop anywhere else now. I figure if they don't have it, I don't need it.

Blogger Minoa said...

*wishes she had a trader joe's*
i vow to check the organic store that we have here this weekend!

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

I must say that if it wasn't for two-buck chuck, I would be a poor, sad little drunk...with no wine. *shudder*
I also love the wee bitty toast that they have to put cheese on. It's TINY and it tastes wonderful with brie.
No wonder my pants don't fit.

Post a Comment

<< Home