Thursday, January 05, 2006
The World Is Still A Teacup Ride
My vertigo hasn't gone away in over six months and before my doctor try stronger drugs, she wants to make sure that it IS vertigo, 'cause she's not so sure now.

Which is why I have a brain MRI this morning. I'm not nervous about the procedure, just a smidge about the results. What if they find that the part of my brain that names stuff has allied itself with the part of my brain that remembers little parts of songs to hum, to EAT the rest of my brain?
Well, then I'd be crazy and with any luck I could go live at the home where Jonny works and he'd make me tea and bring me stuff to name and teach me new songs to hum, so technically, I guess that's not so bad.

Anyway, I just want to know why I'm still so dizzy so we can fix it. Because I can't fully explain how physically exhausting it is to be constantly trying to orient yourself, to walk into walls, to trip over everything in sight, to fall on my ass all the time.
It's like all the worst parts of being drunk on vodka, without the glamorous conviction that everything you say is suave and witty.

Stop the ride, I wanna get off.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home