Thursday, January 19, 2006
Things I Am Ridiculously Enamored With.
  • My new winerack. She's pretty and simple and looks as if she BELONGS in my kitchen. Can't beat her $3 price at a yardsale. She's just endearing, somehow.
  • Martinellis apple juice bottles shaped like apples. There must be something cute I can use them for, I hate throwing them away.
  • Flowers. I buy them for myself every week. I'll never be convinced that they don't have very gentle, sweet, earthy things to whisper if I make friends with them.
  • My car, Gwen. I commissioned a portrait of her. That hangs, framed, in my room. She feels like my partner in crime. Sometimes I kiss her on the hood when I'm going in for the night.
  • The name "Magnolia May" for a little girl. (Yes, you can steal this name if you'd like, provided your child will be interesting and have a good laugh.)
  • The Internet.
  • My boss. He bought my love with cappuccino and a paycheck.
  • Going home at night. The thought of a long soak in the tub, a glass of wine and the company of either David or a good book, that's heaven.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mafia! said...

Soak in the tub in the company of David??????? :O

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Well, that does sound lovely, but that wasn't what I meant.

Post a Comment

<< Home