Monday, January 16, 2006
BabySitting Resume
My Other Homie In Marketing just welcomed into the world his third son. And he anounced that he is accepting applications for babysitters.

I like red and shiny things, so I'm applying. What? His newborn son IS exquisitly lovely, but he IS red and shiny. I'm just sayin'.

Name: Valancy Jane

Address: The Postage Stamp Petting Zoo

Phone Number : 619 261 2659 (and I expect prank calls this time, OK?)

Referances:

ZezZee - She's likely to point out that I let her wear whatever she wished. No stifling her creative urges. Even if what she wanted to wear was small weapons.

Bunny's Four Boys - They will no doubt mention the hot day when I wanted them to drink more water, so I taught them the motions for tequila shots, and urged them to show their mother. "Look Mom, look what VJ taught us!" *licks back of hand, sprinkles salt, licks hand, tosses back a bit of water, then sucks on lime* Thats me. I make learning fun for the kids.

The Judge Next Door - When he adopted two two year old boys and a newborn, I was the only sitter who could bargin with the two year olds to stop playing with knives, by offering them sticks instead.

The Jr. High Kidlets - I've taught them all sorts of things their parents never had the time to expose them to, likehow to throw a punch and how to drive a car backwards through a drive-thru.

And of course, My Own Childhood BabySitters - If there is anyone who knows how creative I can be at remaining in control of the situation, it's them. There's the one I freaked out into leaving, by sneaking out and cutting off the water and power to the house while she watched a scary movie. Or the over-zealous child development major that showed up with a long list of "educational activities," I let her think I was deaf. Or the one I got fired by waiting until I knew my parents were almost home and hiding in a linen closet and letting them search for me, while the babysitter said, "REALLY, she was RIGHT HERE a minute ago, I SWEAR."


Special Skills

  • tree climbing
  • funny voices for stories
  • horseback riding (indoors if it rains)
  • own my own petting zoo
  • knows all the messed-up versions of songs, like "Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg...." for sing-a-longs
  • good-sized hips for baby holding
  • same height as most kids
  • large collection of craft supplies on hand
  • high chaos tolerance

And remember that with me, First Aid is not just a certification, it's a lifestyle.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home