Wednesday, December 07, 2005
People I Would Totally Drink Too Much Eggnog With -
The lovely BakeTown, for her WONDERFUL holiday gift ideas. I love giving gifts, simply because I love letting the people I love know that I've thought of them and wish them every comfort and joy. But seriously, how much money do we need to spend on people that aren't hungry or homeless? I don't want to give a guilt trip, but often these two ideas seem to fight each other, ESPECIALLY during the holiday season. BakeTown gives some wonderful ideas for gifts that give back. I Y you, BakeTown.

Not often do we have good things to say about the Bushs, but bless their hearts for not caving to pressure from conservative Christians, on the issue of their holiday cards. They wish people a "happy holiday season," and religious conservatives seem to have a nativity star up their asses about it, claiming that we need to "put Christ back in Christmas," regardless of whether this also shoves Christ into Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, Las Posadas, Ramadan and secular celebrations as well.
George and Laura, I wish you a happy holiday season as well.


1 Comments:

Blogger Bake Town said...

Right back attcha sista! You rock!

Post a Comment

<< Home