Wednesday, December 07, 2005
I See A Chance To Appreciate My Readers, And To Learn Something.
I was thinking this morning, that I'd like to wish all my readers a happy holiday season, in a way that's meaningful to them. I noticed something on the internet, that I could find plenty of sites telling me how to wish a Merry Christmas in any language, but not how to wish them well for the holidays that THEY celebrate.

I think about the readers I know of -
Egyptian/Russian/Canadian 'Rez
Jonny, Svenny, Petey, 'Mookie, Becky & JMsy in England, also Ruan who is orginally from South Africa.
'Shaw is in Mexico, but he is Jewish.
Chlace is in Thailand.

A quick check of my hit counter tells me I have readers in -
Australia
Sweden
France
Germany
Islamic Republic of Iran
Malaysia
Netherlands

And here in America we've got the melting pot.

The sheer volume of winter holidays around the world, if I just tried to cover them all, would turn my blog into a giant calender, and I'd rather make it a bit more personal.
So talk to me, peeps.

What do you celebrate, and how do I wish you well?

How do I say Happy Chanukkah in spanish?
'Rez, does your Eqyptian family celebrate Ramadan or an orthadox Christmas in Jan?
What are South African Christmas traditions? Do you roast a giraffe and pierce each other's ears?
I haven't a clue, but I'd like to.

Do you have no strong feelings for Christmas Day, but adore some more personal moment, like lighting your tree?
Even if your traditions this time of year are simply getting drunk or avoiding malls, Merry That.
Tell my your personal rituals and holiday celebrations.
Lets celebrate us, as we are.


4 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Thérèse said...

(smiles) Yes, Veaj.

We celebrate the Orthodox Christmas in January. What's kind of unusual in my family is that we also celebrate Christmas on Dec 25.

That really made me smile, you know. That you would even know to ask that. No one's ever really asked me that before.

Blogger Bake Town said...

One of my newest Christmas traditions is buying a LIVE Christmas tree (boycott dead trees) then taking it out an planting it somewhere after the holidays.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i light the candles for hannukah and have a tree.

i'm both, and yet neither.

Post a Comment

<< Home