Thursday, December 08, 2005
Dear Lou,
I think you're tired of people saying that life has been unfair to you. It has, and you wouldn't want people to think you deserved all the crap thrown at you, but to just say, "poor girl, so unfair" is often ALL that they say or do.
So, Louest of Lous, what can I DO?

And have I told you lately how proud of you I am?
Your writing goes effortlessly between quirky, honest, insightful, and snort-with-laughter-funny. You take AMAZING photos. You make a picture of orange juice say something. You play around in photoshop and when you're done, the result is somehow more truthful then the simple picture.


You show amazing maturity in taking care of yourself emotionally, and knowing what you need, and that's a rare quality, one that can pull you through the worst times. But my little Lou-Lou, if you ever just need to collapse, you can.
It pains me to think of what went into making you as tough as you are, but that all you've gained from it is what makes me so hopeful for your future.
It only gets better, generally speaking, and you'll appreciate it more than most.

I love you more than coffee and naming things,
-VJ


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home