Wednesday, November 23, 2005
What I'm Grateful For This Thanksgiving
  • I'm grateful for the CD's that Jonny makes for me. How grateful? I got another this week, and I immediately put in the CD, drank too much sangria, and wrote him a drunken letter with a marker, which may or may not have contained a list of everything on my kitchen table.
  • I'm grateful that Bathroom Reading told me his real name. It feels like a badge of trust.
  • I'm grateful that I've made the sort of friend in 'Rez that I can call her anytime, even through thousands of miles, a couple time zones, and having never actually laid eyes on each other.
  • I'm grateful that my biggest fan is Glenn, and that he always takes the time to listen to my rants.
  • I'm grateful that Svennie sounds happier these days.
  • I'm grateful that Col catches me off guard with her quirky humor.
  • I'm grateful that Miss Kendra has promised to visit me.
  • I'm grateful that Pru is making me a hat and scarf.
  • I'm grateful for the memory of laying in the parking lot behind a Panda Express with Ike and Keane.
  • I'm grateful that Coco and Lou make me a part of their lives, because when I see them happy and laughing, I feel I've done something right in this world.
  • I'm grateful for finding old friends on myspace, and old friends finding me.
  • I'm grateful that Ruan seems to know EVERYTHING there is to know about the internet and doesn't mind my constant pestering with 'help me, Ruan' and 'fix this, Ruan.'
  • I'm grateful for Bunny, and words actually fail me to say anything more.
  • I'm grateful for David and our new relationship that couldn't have come at a worse time, that stretches me and requires that I be a grownup, because it is SO DAMN WORTH IT. I love it when I'm wrong, because it means I'm dating an equal. I love it when he rambles on about something he is passionate about, and I love it more when I meet one of his friends who says, "Oh yes, he's talked about you." I love it when I don't understand what he's talking about, because it means I'm learning something. I love that he won't be manipulated, because that makes me trust the foundation of our relationship more. I love it when he dozes off and snores, because it means he's here and not off annoying some other lucky woman. I love that he listens to one of his friends talk about his girlfriend and then calls me for other reason than to thank me for not being a bitch. And I love it when he brings me roses that he's oh-so-carefully cut the thorns off of. I love how thoughtful he can be, when he thinks of ways to include me in his life. I love that he is in my life.
  • I'm grateful that John and Dufel call me even though I almost NEVER remember to call them back.
  • I'm grateful for each and every one of my readers. More than you guys will ever know.

Here's wishing you all the happy glow you've given me this year!



1 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

Love you, Veaj.

Post a Comment

<< Home