Friday, November 18, 2005
Thanksgiving Lunch All Week
My workplace, they handed out $10 gift certificates for Butterball Turkey. Since Bunny and I are going to sit on our butts at Black Angus this Thanksgiving, I didn't buy a whole turkey with it, I bought a stash of sliced turkey, and I've been packing turkey sandwiches in my lunch because there are few things in life as all around satisfying as a turkey sandwich (with or without avocado).

So I was pondering this while I ate my lunch, which may or may not have also contained cranberry sauce (everyone thinks I'm weird because I stock up and eat it year 'round). (Actually people think I'm weird for a lot of more legitimate reasons too, but anyway.) Really, in a sense, I'm eating my thanksgiving dinner all week for lunch, which made me realize that while I have no trouble being grateful for a once a year stuff yourself on mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, it had never occured to me to be actively grateful for THIS meal, a sack lunch.

Until now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home