Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Changes? What Changes? I Didn't Notice Any Changes.
Once, when my grandparents were young, my brunette grandmother dyed her hair blond while my grandfather was at work. He came home, took one look at her, turned, walked out the front door and double checked the house number.

So if you're feeling like that, don't worry, it's still me.

Its me, in slightly less danger of being dooced.

See, I realized that my life was begining to compartmentalize between work and blog. I didn't like living with the fear of what would happen if my boss every found my blog. I wanted to have a blog I could defend to him, that I could say, "This is personal free speach, not a threat to the company." I figured it would be easier if it didn't actually refer to work in it's very title. And I'm certainly not emailing the link to him and all the board members, but I'm a lot less worried it. I feel freer knowing that if the worst happens and he still fires me for it, I can say to myself that at least I tried, and I wasn't stupid about it. I feel freer, because I'm prouder of my actions. It's a good feeling.

I realize I've choosen an odd title, so I thought I'd tell you how it came about. It's from a phrase in a Robert Fulghum book, a phrase that always jumped out at me, "a wonder, wander walkabout" which refered to a leisurely trip around the world he and his wife took. It felt like such a great description of my life. And was there ever a more poetic word than "Walkabout"?

The photo was taken by the highly talented Ruan, to whom I am deeply grateful for letting me use it, and for helping me set it up. Ruan, you're a prince.
The pink elephant is Belinda. She wanders. If you see a pink elephant some day, it's prolly her, so say hi, and email me to tell me all about it. Preferably add pictures.


1 Comments:

Blogger beaky said...

Wow. Change is scary. I changed my blog once, but was so long ago that I've forgotten what it used to be like.

But you've given me inspiriation. I want to change mine again, but I don't have any magic princes to give me amazing photographs to use so I'll probably just end up leaving it as it is. lol

I like what you've done with the place. Nice.

Post a Comment

<< Home