Monday, October 24, 2005
"They Make Coffeemakers With Timers, You Know."
That's what all my exes used to say whenever I hinted that my secret fantasies included only a few elements when it came to romance.

1.) A sweet and yummy man that agrees that I'm far too pretty to worry my little head about my finances and takes over the books and make them make sense and tells me how much money I have left to blow at used bookstores. (Yes, that sound, that was feminism taking a step backward. I know. *hangs head*)

2.) A sweet and yummy man that brings me coffee in bed.

That's it. That's all I want. And while there have been plenty of men that agreed that I'm pretty and REALLY shouldn't be doing my own taxes, never a cup of coffee brought to my bed.

I thought that was going to be the easy thing to find. But all my boyfriends 'weren't morning people' or didn't 'get people's obsession with coffee'.

So on Sunday morning when David slipped in and made me coffee (with pumpkin flavored creamer) and brought it to my bed and woke me up .................

David - "Here, I made you coffee."

VJ - *brushes hair out of face, sits up and stares at David* "What?"

David - "Coffee, here."

VJ - *breathless voice* "Will you marry me? Father my children?"

David - "What?"

VJ - "Er, I said, 'yes thank you, coffee would be nice'."


So the proposal was just a tad premature, but I DO think I'm going to keep this guy.


3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

It is sooooo nice to know that there are others gals out there that appreciate the simple things

and even nicer to know that there are boys that do the simple things just cause...

This post made my day, I will be smiling everytime I think about it

Blogger Michael said...

I can totally imagine that.

Blogger Karen said...

awwww..that's sooo sweet.:)

Post a Comment

<< Home