Wednesday, October 19, 2005
It Was Never Supposed To Be This Easy.
When I broke up with JR, I braced myself for the pattern that I was familiar with.

First, you're lonely and you cry a lot, right?
Then you ask out someone you liked back before your last relationship, and find out that they actually really suck, right?
Then you eventually go on a few more dates, dates so bad they are painful and hilarious all at once, right?
Then you meet someone you think you can get really excited about, right?
Then you get your hopes cruelly dashed, right?
Then more funny/painful/boring dates, right?

Then, maybe, you can meet someone worthwhile.

Right?

That's the pattern I'm familiar with.



That's not how it was at all.

Gorgeous men (and a couple women) came pouring out of the woodwork, instantly, and hit on me. Beautiful people with nothing in the least bit wrong with them.

It was weird/oh so lovely.

In the beginning I resolved to explore all my options, because they were all worth very careful consideration. I would date them all, get to know them all and eventually pick a favorite, but not in any kind of rush, out of fairness to both me and them. The Slowly Looking Until The Absolute Right One Ultimatly Noses aheaD Plan, aka the S.L.U.T. A.R.O.U.N.D. Plan, endorsed by all my friends.

The monkeywrench in the S.L.U.T. A.R.O.U.N.D. Plan?

I knew very quickly where my heart was at, and the S.L.U.T. A.R.O.U.N.D. Plan began to feel deceptive. I knew who I wanted.
And as hugely wasteful of my newfound wealth of prettypretty men as it seemed, I wanted the one that had been there all along.

In news that will shock .................. no one at all, I'm crazy for David. I'm going to call him my boyfriend, whether that freaks him out or not.

And if anyone wants contact details on the some the prettypretty men, email me. There's a couple I'd write excellent letters of reccomendation for.


2 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

am i a bad blogstalker?

i'm not exactly sure who this david is.

please help.

Blogger Karen said...

aww aww me too *raise hands*..i'm happy for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home