Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Confessions
1. I have a neon green waterbottle, shaped like a walrus. I bought him in a dollar store, because I felt sorry for him. He looked sad. I know it looks rather childish on my desk, but you'll never get me to give him up, because I have this unshakeable conviction that he'd be hurt, and he makes me smile everyday. I do realize that I'm crazy and that he's just an inanimate object. *shrugs*

2. I think the 4'11, forty-something hispanic cleaning lady is very pretty, in a way I can't define.

3. While neither particularly disgust me, I think flicking boogers to godknowswhere is just as gross as eating them.

4. Once I was riding in a convertible through the country and we passed under a bunch of trees and the late afternoon sun spilled through the leaves overhead in this glorious kalidescope of gold light and green leaves and just a smidge of brown branches and I RECOGNIZED that color as the exact color of my eyes. This memory brings an instant smile to my face, but I feel it's vain, somehow, and I've never mentioned it.

5. I'm terrified that if I ever get rich, I'll turn into someone I'll despise.

6. I haven't brushed my hair in two days. And I prolly won't for another two.

7. Of all the men I've loved, I sometimes suspect that none of them have every loved me as much as I loved them. This idea doesn't bother me, it's probably more of a lie I tell myself because I HATE the idea of breaking someone's heart .

8. I love all animals. Except yappy little purse-sized dogs. There. I said it.

9. I'll never understand people that choose to go into a field like corporate sales. I try. I can't.

10. I once met a man at a party at my grandmother's house, that I had an instant connection with. If he'd asked me on a date, I would have gone. He didn't, probably because of how it would have looked. He was in his late sixties and I was nineteen. I'm ok with this. Age is just a timing issue, and there is no such thing as timing really. You can meet great people at the worst or most inconvient times. That said, the age difference would have been a large hurdle and I'm not sure it was worth it in this case. I think that encounter taught me something valuable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home