Friday, October 21, 2005
Another Actual IM Conversation
Thérèse says:
Billy Joel says "when you love someone you're always insecure."

Valancy Jane says:
Not really.
Not necessarily.

Thérèse says:
I'm beginning to understand that line a little, although I don't think he's got the whole of it.

Jonny says:
but didn't billy joel have a mullet?

Thérèse says:
I think in the very beginning you are.
Didn't everyone?

Jonny says:
I've never had a mullet.

Thérèse says:
http://noted.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/billyjoel.jpg
hmm, i dont' think he did have a mullet.

Valancy Jane says:
Well, the funny thing about me and love is that I always expect it to end sadly. First boy I loved, died. So I think I approach love differently, and I think each day in love is worth it, so if/when it goes, for whatever reason, I'm neither broken or regretful.

Jonny says:
that sounds very healthy and wise.

Thérèse says:
Veaj, I know you must know this already, but you are the very definition of wise beyond your years.

Valancy Jane says:
Because I don't mean to sound pemissimtic, because I'm not, really, but it will go.
Either he will leave you, or you will find he's not the man for you and leave him or he'll die or you'll die. Next week or 60 years from now. It'll happen.

Thérèse says:
*nods slowly*
So what you're saying is, enjoy what you have while you have it, and don't worry about the rest?

Valancy Jane says:
So if it's not worth it when you consider that it will end and probably hurt, then don't bother.
And if it is still worth it, soak it up.

Thérèse says:
*smiles as she considers*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home