Thursday, September 22, 2005
Today's Take, or I'm A Corporate Whore
I've often thought of keeping actual count of all the stuff I get for free at my job. Everyone wants to woo me with gifts, and I CAN be bought.

Our execs thank me for doing odd tasks that aren't part of my job or department, usually with obscencely expensive sports tickets.

Companies that we partner with, their execs fly in with gifts for our execs and they don't want to take the leftovers home, and I'm their last stop before they head out. Plus they love to drape me and my desk in their logo for everyone to see.

Ma Homie in Marketing told me that if a print shop hasn't given me something nice, he doesn't want their flyer. He instructed me to tell them, "When you decide to get serious, bring me something pretty and come back."

Yesterday a vendor asked to speak with someone in purchasing, I told him flat out, "I need a new letter opener. Nothing plastic."

There are always leftover sandwiches and wraps after meetings, and cookies and chips and soda if I want them. All the coffee and tea I can want in the break room.

I have a petty cash allowance to buy candy for my desk.

I'll never want for t-shirts or jackets or hats for the rest of my life, thank you Marketing Dept.

Temp agencies send me fresh donuts or bagels or teddy bears or chocolate.

And my generous employers buy lunch for the company every other week or so.

Today's Take - one snowcone, one jar of jelly beans from a vendor, two tickets to the Asian Film Festival (unlimited open bar), cotton candy and a sandwich.
Oh, and cake.


3 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

at my school the parents gave us graduation gifts (money) and throw us margarita parties.

as well as catered lunch once a week and goodies given by every "association" and "club" on campus.

now i wonder why i can't lose those 10 pounds...

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Unknown said...

Today a reception girl helped me find a building on the net and I bought her a huge piece of choclate cheese cake. And as I gave it to her I though of you at work !!! he he he..

Post a Comment

<< Home