Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Today I Wish I Could...........
........... go in and utterly Container Store/Ikea - ize Nick's room in really good colors, making him feel uber-prepared and organized for this school year, and maybe just a tad excited, because he's kind and thoughtful and deserves a happy, fufilling year.

........... pause the world, lay down, take a good long nap and wake up at exactly the same time I fell asleep so that I wouldn't miss anything but would feel better prepared to deal with everything.

.......... leave work and lay on the beach with the book I've been reading, Valley of the Dolls. Get toasty warm, get toasty tan, drink a toast to solitude.

.......... wander the streets of the gaslamp district downtown, while listening to Si Tu N'Etais Pas La', and picturing it as it must of looked in 1900, for no particular reason.

........... pack for a trip.

........... sing to a big old empy theater.

........... sign up for that moonlit kayaking in the bay class Bunny mentioned.

........... drive down the coast of mexico with David, go horseback riding on the beach at sunset, then gorge ourselves on fresh fish.

........... curl up in a cozy armchair and read Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis.

.......... do all my christmas shopping, and then wrap them all.

.......... spread out all my sewing materials and finish all the little projects I've wanted to finish around my apartment.

.......... stand under a tree that's losing it's leaves and twirl around in them.

......... be ten years old again and spead the afternoon on the swings with Bug, singing country songs.

......... take a quick shower in coffee.

......... dance ballet, the way I used to be able, when I had the body trained to do it.

......... run for a mile, then leisurely stroll back.

......... invest large sums of money into good businesses that deserve to suceed, or that simply make me happy, or are run by friends.

......... wear jasmine scented lotion. Ok, actually I am already. Sometimes wishes come true and are as good as you wished. *takes deep breath*

......... take off and go to the Grand Canyon and ride burros down and camp for a few days someplace without too many people.

.......... spend the afternoon around the pool with 'Rez, doing girl chat.

......... go to OB with Lou and Coco and clothes shop.

......... wander around a big old empty house.

......... sit on a front porch with a view of a lake and get a smidge tipsy off mint juleps.

......... buy oodles of silver jewelry in Old Town Alburquerque, then give it all away as presents to people that wouldn't expect a present from me, like that one adorable executive assitant that is ALWAYS so kind and chiper and ALWAYS leaves me smiling.

......... arrange cut flowers all afternoon.

......... sing in spanish.

......... cook dinner for all the friends I haven't been as nice to as I could/should have been.

......... cook dinner for all the friends that have been nicer to me than they had to be.

......... paint my living room a soft creamy-yellow-tan.

......... take in all the people who lost their homes in the hurricane, fussing over each one, making sure they know where the clean towels are kept and telling them to feel free to stay until their new home was ready.

......... plan a christmas party. Maybe I will.

......... memorize a script.

......... garden with Bunny for a while, in my big gardening hat.


3 Comments:

Blogger luca said...

Thank you VJ. Just knowing you'd like to makes me about as happy as if you actually did it. :)

Blogger Thérèse said...

I love-love-love-love-love-love-love-love-loved this.

Blogger Minoa said...

could you tell me how you liked reading Valley of the Dolls? I've wanted to read it but have not yet.

Post a Comment

<< Home