Monday, September 26, 2005
Seven Things About Me That Surprise People
1. How serious I am in my faith, and how much it affects my choices. I don't talk about my faith much, unless asked, so people are surprised by how much it defines me and my life.

2. How well I mind my own business. I think it shocks people when they find out how curious I'm NOT. I think some people take it as indifference. Really, I just don't pry unless I feel you've expressely given me that right and WANT me to.

3. How much time alone I need. I'm very social and when I'm around people, I'm very there and in the moment and involved and interested, but I need far more daydream time than most people I know.

4. How long of an attention span I have. I can get so enjoyably buried in a monotanous project, I actually enjoy putting out bulk mailers or reorganizing a office or crochet a blanket. I used to volunteer on political campaigns and they loved me because they could find the most boring filing project and I'd happily dive right in and get in a zone. I once worked for 22 hours straight on folding, addressing and stamping a newletter and had a GREAT time.

5. How stupidly irresponsible I can be about remembering when bills are due, or appointments need to be made. I can't seem to rid myself of a deep-seated conviction that little elves will take care of it all if I leave it long enough. I try. Really I do. I don't deliberatly allow myself to be irresponsible, I just REALLY believe in the elves. I need one of two things. Either someone that loves handling little details like that to take care of them all, or for EVERYONE in my life to stop covering for me and force me to learn new habits. The second option sounds much healthier, but in complete honesty, I'd settle for either.

6. That I really don't/can't get excited over any of the following things that everyone assumes I would like - The DaVinci Code, chocolate, tulips, bars, the Simpsons (don't hate me, Evan), the color pink, playing any kind of sport, diamonds, black and white photographs of Paris, or the faster copier upstairs.

7. That I really have no "type" when it comes to men, physically or personality-wise. I like people that are very much themselves, whatever that might be. That's the only comman thread I can find amoung the men that interest me, that they all embraced their quirks and individuality.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home