Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Ok Readers, Here's Our Fun Project/Timewaster Of The Day
Ok, so this lovely organization?
Yeah, we're gonna prank 'em.
With your help.
Then, hopefully, we're each gonna give a five dollar donation to their cause, as an anonymous apology.
We might go to hell, but oh well, we're raising awareness of their organization.

See this page? With all the stories of happy adoptions? We're going to email them. Thanking them for our new pet.

Yes, I know. You didn't adopt a earless puppy or a three-legged cat from them, or even a llama. But that's not going to stop us, right?

Get as creative as you'd like. The following are perfect examples (Thanks 'Rez and Jonny).

Dear Baja,
Thank you so much for what you have done. I could not possibly be happier with my pet emu.

Ever since we welcomed Miu-Miu the Emu into our home, it has become a meeting centre for everyone in a 20 mile radius. Everyone loves the Emu!

When I was there, you were hesitant to let me take my beautiful little Miu-Miu because of concerns with the border. Naturally, this was a small concern but we managed thanks to chance and luck and prayer and the bribing. Thank you for so much for your concern on that account.

Just to let you know that Miu-Miu has more attention than he could possibly ever know what to do with, and I am more popular than I ever dreamed I could be. So, really, it's win-win.

I have enclosed a couple of pictures of our happiness for your website,
www.bajadogs.org/happyendings.htm. The first is, obviously,Miu-Miu, our pride and joy, the very light of our soul, our very source of income. The second is the crowd we received a last weekend because of him. Admission was only $3 and we made quite a bundle!

Therese in Canada.

PS - The how-to-care-for-your-emu-in-cold-weather brochure was iminently useful and we never take Miu-Miu across the country on our ski trips without it. Thanks again.




Dear BAS,

Ever since I adopted a tiger from you I can honestly say I've become a new and better human being. Derek, as he authoritatively informed me was his name, is an absolute delight of a travelling companion.
When I am out with him I get respect, free bus tickets and never have to queue at the ice cream van. We even saw off more than a few local criminal circles down the pub last Friday night. Derek ate the local mafia don, and the power vacuum that resulted has set organised crime back 20 years.
As a domestic animal, Derek's manners and decorum are impeccable. He always wipes his feet and almost never misses the toilet bowl. Admittedly, he does eat four or five cows a week, which is something of an expense but I don't really mind that. I consider it a valuable investment.
Thank you again. Please find enclosed my 19 year old daughter as a token of my appreciation.
Sincerely, Jonny Opinion.

Dear BAS,

I just wanted to drop you guys a line and thank you for our pet rock, "Runner." At first her energetic ways were a lot to handle, you know how it is when they're young, but she's learning quickly, to roll over, to lay down, and to juggle. The children just adore her and Kaitlin and Runner took 1598th place in a local pet agility contest! Thanks again for all you do!

Sincerly, the Boulder Family.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home