Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Letter to Nick
Nick, how did you know just what to say to cheer me up, and time it so perfectly?

And anything you say just means that much more to me because you're my patron blogging saint.

I stumbled on your blog when I was setting up a blog for myself, as a way to kill time. I had no idea if I was ever going to post to it or log in ever again. I clicked on Breakfast at Tiffanys on my list of favorite movies and it showed me a list of everyone that had listed that as a favorite movie and somehow I ended up on your blog.

It was the first time I realized how real someone could be on the internet. That you could get to know someone online, and that there were people out there worth knowing.

I went back and read your blog from the begining, you know. I had a RAGING blush on it, and checked it obsessively.

And I never stopped.

Just when I thought I couldn't rank any higher in your fan club, you go and send me the kindest words.
No Nick, YOUR outlook is brilliant and YOU are something special and I'M lucky to have a glimpse into the warmest, purest and kindest soul I can imagine existing.

I had the strangest dream about you once, Nick.
It started out scary.
I dreamed that I was in the witness protection program (totally what I get for staying up reading mystery novels) and I ended up in Michigan and I met you and I knew who you were, but you didn't know who I was and I always smiled on the inside because I'd had a sneak peak into you that you never knew I'd had, and we drifted into this easy friendship, camping buddies, neighbors that popped over at any hour, with ice cream and a movie.
And then I woke up and leisurely stretched, and smiled.

And despite the fact of the internet being our only connection, I think of us as friends like that.


1 Comments:

Blogger luca said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I guess I owe it to you to post more often.

Post a Comment

<< Home