Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Cookie Monster
Even cookies can be menacing when they're being pushed on you the minute you enter a grocery store.

I guess Albertsons overstocked chocolate cookies, because these people were HARDCORE PUSHING the cookies.

They were everywhere, on the end of every aisle, free sample tables with aggressive employees that informed you that you wanted one or two or six.

I'd kinda reached my fill of cookies by the time we got the checkout, (ironically without buying a single bag of cookies) but the cashier, she was the ultimate challenge in this guantlet.

"Have a cookie," she said, "Have one."

"No thanks."

*dead eyed stare* "If you don't like chocolate chip cookies, then you have no soul."

"Er, I like chocolate chip cookies and all, I just don't want any more."

"HAVE A COOKIE."

*eyes lock, a battle of wills*




"Ok," I said, and I ate another cookie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home