Monday, September 19, 2005
Bunny Once Told Me .......
......... that given a choice between an eternity in hell or living in a house during a remodel, she'd pick hell.

They are remodeling the lobby and I'm a good sport, really. I didn't think it would be so bad. The painters, well that wasn't fun, being draped in a plastic sheet, but I went with it.

Really. I'm not a whiner. I've been more than reasonable.
I've explained away the noise to callers, the mess to visitors.
I have ducked, sat on the wrong side of my desk, held sign parts.

Really, I've been patient and understanding.
I sat all last week in a painfully hot and closed up lobby full of paint fumes.

When I noticed that the "taupe" paint looked pink, I didn't say anything and told the employee that chose it, "It looks great."

I've suffered paint in my hair, nauseating fumes, and dust and noise and disorder.

But really, today I put my foot down.

NO. I will not stand up in the lobby to greet visitors, holding my three foot long phone in my arms, while answering it, all day, so that they can move my desk to rip up the carpet under my feet and lay new carpet. Where my desk goes, I go. And outside the front door, sitting on a bench, no, not an option. No, I will not sit on a stair all day, no, I will not walk back and forth between a conference room to answer phones and the lobby to check for visitors.

If this is not understood, you know what I WILL do?

I will use all my sick days and paid time off and come back when this remodel is done.
Don't tempt me, people.


1 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

do it!

make 'em walk the plank!

Post a Comment

<< Home