Friday, August 12, 2005
Things I'm Writing/Would Like To Write
'Rez and I are plugging away at our novel. It will take forever, it will mention most of you, and it will be brilliant.

Ike and I decided last night to write a stage show of a man doing a vlog from after death, right before the white light. It will be vaguely philosophical "I wish I'd sent more emails" and mainly humorous, "Due to maintaince on the moving sidewalk to the bright light, I'm waiting for a shuttle bus and I have a couple minutes to tell you what I've learned so far. Be nicer to chickens and always have a comb on you when you die. Just trust me. Rumor has it at the Judgement, we will be called in the order of how many times we hit 'reply to all' on a company email that oncerned only one department. The wifi up here is excellent, but I never expected the afterlife to be so humid, really."

I'd like to write -
  • A screenplay with 'Shaw. He can pick any topic, any characters, I'd be honored to be a part. I can picture us on the floor somewhere, with pages spread in every direction like a carpet, looking for the only pencil we'd thought to bring, that we lose under the snowfall of papers every minute and a half.
  • A travel book on the summer I'd like to pack a couple swimsuits, light bedroll and a lot of sunscreen and walk up the coast of the Pacific Ocean from San Diego to, well, as far north as I get, camping on the beach and bathing in the ocean and taking pictures and meeting the sea in its every mood. I won't judge, I'll just look. Perhaps I could do a sequel of the same, walking south.
  • The foreward to the cookbook Bunny should publish but probably never will. Maybe I'll just write a foreward and stick it in her giant binder of recipes, anyway. "Bunny has never failed at anything she's done, so try her banana pecan bread."
  • A REAL car manual. "Don't put cutesy little stickers of a girl or boy bowing to a cross if you think there's a chance you're going to cut me off and then flip me off." "Car dancing really encourages head movement more than other forms of dance, because of the space issue." "Always keep granola bars (with no chocolate) and sunscreen in your glove compartment."
  • A novel for every ten I think of writing. If I get even that many of my ideas down on paper, I'm doing good.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home