Friday, August 12, 2005
Firsts and Lasts
FIRSTS

First best friend: Chrissy, the neighbor girl. We had matching haircuts and matching bells on our bikes and we loved playing spy together. We weren't exactly sure what spies did, so we hid places and took a lot of "notes" in a notebook. I think we were four or five.

First car: Chevy Tahoe, blue. Named Quintin. I loved him so. I had him a month before together we rolled down a cliff, on fire.

First kiss: Kyle, in his car, at the beach, in the summer time. I remember not caring at all that the stick shift was jabbing me in the ribs.

First screen name: Valancy Jane

First funeral: Well, I put in an appearance at my great-grandmothers funeral when I was about seven, but I feel asleep on some chairs in the kitchen and wasn't really there or coherent. The first one I really attended was Roger. I remember sitting in my seat at this funeral, feeling like the wind was knocked out of me and feeling like you occasionally do in a movie, when the lead character was on a horse or in a car that ran over a cliff and you are devastated but in the back of your head you're thinking, "No, it's to early in the story for the lead character to die, it doesn't make sense, there's no closure to the plot and who's going to kiss/rescue/kill the other lead?" and realizing that this must be what people meant when they said life isn't like a movie.

First album: Faith Hill, Piece of My Heart

First pets: Jubilee, german shepard. She got hit by a car, attacked another dog and got us sued, ran away twice and let me ride her like a horse once. I loved her.

First piercing/tatooing: Ears, when I was about five.

First big trip: Hmmmm, with family or on my own? I remember Disneyland when I was about three, and there was a cart with real horses, and Pinocchio dressed character person pulled me out of a crowd to dance to a brass band and I was so happy. On my own, lets see. Loretta and I drove up to LA when I was 15 or 16, to visit NBC studios (aka, stalk Austin Peck, actor on Days of Our Lives). Loretta drove her prized '65 white mustang, and we laughed and ate Cheetos and sang "When the sun comes up over Santa Monica Blvd" while cruising down Santa Monica Blvd and felt so free.

First time skiing: Hmmm. High school leadership trip, I think. I sprained my knee about four feet down the hill and had to sit it out for the rest of the trip and everyone felt sorry for me but I wasn't sad at all because I was having so much fun making snow angels and sipping hot coco and then the cutest guy in the group took me innertubing down the bunny slope all afternoon and suddenly everyone else was jealous of me.

First concert: Hmmm. There are a lot of vague concert memories from my late teens. Maybe some country artist at the Del Mar Fair?

First alcoholic drink: Wine at my grandparents one Christmas. You had to drink to tolerate their drinking. You don't want to know how old I was.

First ticket violation: About 50 miles outside of Alburquerque, New Mexico. Speeding, of course. Jeanette, riding shotgun, had to call my attention to the flashing lights behind us, because my rear view mirror had mysteriously fallen off somewhere in AZ.

First date: Well, that's a tricky one to answer because I had boyfriends before we had cars and so I guess it would be Jeff, on of those imfamous summer camp boyfriends when I was 13, and the occasion was the end of the camp banquet. He was 16 and was quite a jock and had broken his leg at camp and I really enjoyed the fact that his crutches were taller than I was.

First myspace friend: JR or Stretch, I think.

LASTS

Last car ride: Drove to work this morning.

Last kiss: JR, yesterday.

Last time you cried: Two days ago.

Last movie watched: Monty Python's Life of Brian

Last food you ate: Yogurt, just finished.

Last love: As in before the one I'm in now? Or as in the last person I felt love for? Now I'm confused.

Last temptation: Last night, eating ice cream in bed, I totally succumbed. Blame Ike, who brought it to me with a spoon.

Last item bought: Gas, I think. Or snacks for Lola's movie night.

Last annoyance: With myself, for being so emotional this week.

Last time wanting to die: Never. No matter what I'm going through, my incurable optimism kicks in and I just KNOW that somehow it will get better. I might wanna fake my own death for a while to avoid something, or just go to sleep and wake up when it's all better, but I've never actually wanted to die.

Last shirt worn: Before the one I'm wearing now? I changed out of an old Dogwood t-shirt I sometimes sleep in this morning, into a black company t-shirt that says "REAL experience/performance" but the word REAL is much better than any of the other words and is plastered right across my boobs, which is very amusing to me.

Last alcoholic drink: Last night Ike and I had a couple of those raspberry smirnoff things with dinner.

Last concert: Switchfoot with Lou.

Last phone call: Someone asking me if we were Blue Bunny Ice Cream.

Last time at the mall: About two weeks ago, with the 'Murphy Family'.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home