Monday, July 25, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey
Friday night was our double date with Paul and Lola at Ciao Bellas. I love the owner, Francesco. He kissed me vigorously, TWICE. I call that desert. His adorable wife is pregnant. Again. The menu and the waiter are equaly incomprehensible, so I recommend turning the 'what would you like' question around. Say, 'I don't know, what would I like?' The food, well, anyone that's ever been there can tell you the food is an orgasm on white china, and if you haven't been there, you need to. Even if you have to take an airplane to get there, you really NEED to go. Francesco will kiss you for it, I'm sure.

After dinner we went to see the movie, The Island with ScarJo and Ewan. Pretty Ewan. I heart you so. I really enjoyed how dazed Scarlett looked during most of the movie. The movie was very impausible and very eye candy and very watchable. The perfect sort of movie to do a running joking commentary on, annoying everyone around you. And Lola is just perfect person to do the running commentary with. Lola, I heart you more than Ewan. I heart you more than the dazed look on ScarJo's face. I love that during the previews you forget which movie you bought tickets for, just like me.

After the movie we went to my favorite coffee shop, which in the future I think I will simply refer to as 'my coffee shop'. There was a lightening storm over the mountains, so we stood outside in the summer moonlight and watched the lightening illuminate the clouds, like a lightbulb in one of my chinese lantern lamps.

I could barely sleep that night, as it was about 126 million degrees in my apartment, but strangely, I didn't really mind. I lay in bed half asleep and listened to the thunder. Rain is rare enough around here, thunder comes maybe once a year and this was THUNDER.

I got up early to drive to Ike's in LA (about a 2-3 hour drive north), but I stopped off at ZezZee's because I had her work badge in my purse from Thursday when she got her hair cut and I figured she might need it. I arrived about five minutes before she was supposed to leave for work, but instead she played hooky and came to LA with me on a whim. I'm so glad she did, it was nice to have someone to talk to on the drive. We listened to Vanessa Carlton and talked of 'cabbages and kings'.
We arrived and went to Ike's office to play with Google Earth and prank call 'Rez. Thats when Ike dropped the bombshell that this was probably the last time I would be able to drive up and see him, because he is moving back to Canada.
Then we went to Trader Joes for sandwiches, grapefruit soda, peaches, strawberries and french bread. Have I mentioned my deep and passionate love of Trader Joes?

Then we headed to the beach for an afternoon I can only describe as golden. The sort of summer afternoon you know will be a memory forever, made all the more bittersweet because I wondered if I'd ever see Ike in person again.
We dug tunnels in the sand until we could reach each other's hands, and then we built the sweetest sand castle in the shape of a steamboat. Then Ike and sprawled out on our towels and Ike said, "You can't do this on MSN." Exactly, Ike.
*dies a little inside at the thought of him leaving LA*
The waves were quite choppy, and I suffered as the shortest person in our group, as everyone urged me out past where I could touch my toes to the bottom. The amount of sea water I swallowed, you don't want to know. I got picked up and ROLLED a number of times, getting scrapped on the sandy bottom. I still have vertigo, so I'd be twirling underwater with no idea which way was up and only the nominal comfort that I was being swept toward shore. At this point I would cling to anything I was swept up against, which in a few cases happened to be Ike, and in one case I came up clutching his shorts in SO the wrong place. Sorry about that, Ikey.

As the sun went down over the water, we packed up and went to Ike's office again, to check movie times and Jer took some pictures.

Then we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Ike has a vlog about this, go watch it here.

ZezZee and I packed up my new bird, formerly name VJ and owned by Ike, now named Ike and owned by me, VJ. Confused yet?

Then I had to say goodbye to Ike. That was hard. I wonder when I'll be able to hug him again.

Yes, I am that short, and Ike is that tall.

So ZezZee and I drove home, through the moonlight.

Sunday morning I really tried to get out of bed. I swear. I realized it was time to get up, so I rolled over and promptly fell back asleep. I did manage to make it out of bed in time to eat and run at my company picnic.

Then I picked up two more birds, formerly belonging to a friend of a friend that was moving and didn't think her little finches would survive the trip.

So, yes, if you're counting, that brings me up to three new birds just this weekend, and grand total of 16 pets. Two cats, four hermit crabs, five fish and five birds. I named my sweet little finches Pierce and Willow. I don't have any pictures of them yet, but I can show you a picture of Gilly (yellow-green) and Augie (mostly blue).

Then I went home and did some cleaning (and napping, to be honest).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home