Monday, July 18, 2005
Weekend Update with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey


Friday night was a wild and crazy night of ............... shopping for a new shower curtain. (A new shower curtain for the shower that was supposed to be finished on Thursday, yeah, that one, the one that STILL isn't done and the repair man hasn't even bothered to show up for the last two days and I'm still washing my hair in the sink, and I'm starting to feel/smell bitter.) But the shopping with JR was fun, and we got mexican food and hung out until he had to go home and go to bed early because he was getting up at the ass-crack of dawn to drive to Vegas for the weekend for his friend's birthday party.
After that, I met up with Dufel for coffee at my favorite coffee shop. There is a usual bass player there, who looks eerily like a young Russell Crowe, minus the attitude. I love to watch his hands as he plays. His hands just look so ............ happy. Time flies when I'm watching him play. From time to time, I'll catch him staring at me, and he quickly looks away. I think the sweet lady behind the counter, Anne, was trying to find out my name for him, so when I ordered and she asked my name, I asked her what name I should use today. She said I looked like a Danielle, and I've used that name there ever since.
Anyway, Dufel is a absolute joy to hang out with, I wish he wasn't so determined to move to Denver, I'll miss him so. After a long chat, I went home and tucked myself into bed.

I got up early on Sat. morning to take Daniel to ComicCon. We almost got thrown out for hassling the medival re-enactment players. My favorite part was when the one guy went on and on about how many safety precautions they have to learn, then one 'knight' lost a hold of his sword and it when flying out of the ring into the crowd. We especially routed for one guy that wore cowprint material on his head. We called him CowMan. And when anyone else 'fought' we'd yell, "Bring back CowMan!" You could tell that CowMan was wavering between appreciation of our support and annoyance at being called CowMan and not Sir Malcom something or other.
One potenially awkward moment, when they brought out belly dancers. What belly dancers had to do with 'live action metal combat' is beyond me, but these are horny men, so I guess it didn't have to make sense. This really wasn't belly dancing, which is a lovely and feminine dance form, this was basically stripper dancing in sheer clothes. I was turning to Daniel, hoping it wouldn't be hard to divert his attention, thinking "What can I suggest we do so that he's distracted from this?" when Daniel yells at the scantily clad women, "BRING BACK COWMAN!"
God bless your pure little heart, Daniel.
We ran around the very, VERY crowded booth floor and tagged people yelling "TAG! You're it!" and running away. Not one person followed us or joined in, it was rather disappointing. All through the booths, I heard people saying there was a massage booth. And from walking around all day, I was really looking forward to it. When we finally found it, I noticed that the three girls running it were all a little scantily clad but I thought, what the heck, I'm secure in my sexuality, I can get a massage from a girl in a tiny skirt, right?
Yeah. It got weird. That's all I'm going to say.
Other than that, we did some shopping at the booths and I bought JR a present and bought myself some stuffed animals that were all weird and funny looking, like with three eyes and stuff. They were cute. I had a lot of fun and got to meet Daniel's friend Renee, who was great fun. We went to Party City and bought stick on mustaches and eyepatches and funny hats and went to see a movie dressed up in them.

Sunday after church there was a meeting for the leaders of the Jr High group. I'm really happy with all the new volunteers we've got, they're fun and caring and good to our kidlets.
After that, Bunny brought over three of her boys, Philip, Peter and Joel, to swim in my pool. They kept devising new ways to dive into the pool / give me a heart attack. Jessica, Bunny's oldest, came over just about the time the boys left and we went swimming for a while and then went to get coffee. She left to go to youth group at her church and I stayed to write for a while. I actually got a chance to talk to my bass player friend that night. I think he had the vague idea of hitting on me, until I mentioned I had a lovely and perfect boyfriend (I worked it into the conversation as soon as possible, because I'm sorta obsessed with watching him play, and didn't want to give the wrong impression) and I thought he'd leave and not bother talking to me anymore, but he stayed to chat and he's really very funny and witty, in a friendly way. He even played Angel from Montgomery for me.


1 Comments:

Blogger TommyDB said...

Oh my gosh.

That's Tristan's bass and exactly the same strap!

Post a Comment

<< Home