Monday, July 18, 2005
Secret Spots, the places I would run away to.
'Rez made mention of having secret spots, and I decided to share some of mine with y'all.

Cedar Knolls Park, Apple Valley, Minnesota
It wasn't a park in the sense that I thought of a park, instead of manicured lawns and playground equipment, it was just a plot of trees. The friendliest trees you can imagine.

(Also the friendliest mosquitos, when you're a stupid Californian girl that wears bright colored tank tops and perfume and says things like, "What's mosquito replellant?")

I used to take a snack and a book and go there to read. I lived about a block away (on Germane Trail). Someone cut down a tree, then cut the trunk into 1-3 foot sections and just left them there, so I rolled a few under my favorite tree as a table and chair I used to sit and read for hours.

The library in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
This was my favorite place in Albuquerque, I used to shuffle through the snow and spend hours there. Of all the libraries I've been in, I got best aquainted with that one. I still have my library card from it.

La Bufadora, Mexico.
I could live there, very simply and happily. I may, someday.

Damon Lane County Park, El Cajon, CA.
I used to ride my horse here as a kid, and I go walking there sometimes when I wanna think. I love the eculyptus grove by the creek bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home