Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Rock 'n Roll or Not?
So it occurred to me as I was paying for my purchases at Guitar Center last night and complaining about the music volume that I'm not cool anymore.

Well, I mean, I couldn't hear the guy tell me my total so I just grabbed a couple twenties, and let him take what he wanted. I couldn't even guess my total, because I couldn't seem to find one price tag on anything in the store besides guitar picks. Apparently price tags just aren't rock and roll.

Since I've lost my inate sense of what's cool or not, the sense that just comes with youth and leaves the day you WANT to spend your hard-earned money on the premium toilet paper, I've been trying to use the subtle cues of the place to stay in touch with what's rock and roll.
So, price tags, NOT ROCK.
Security, TOTALLY ROCK, apparently. I had to be approved by a security guard to even enter the store, and I had to have my purchases and recipt compared before I could leave. No bags allowed until I reached the exit. Bags, NOT ROCK.

Petty theft, TOTALLY ROCK, I guess.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home