Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Neighborhood Characters
The Ice Cream Man.

A dark haired hispanic man, in perhaps his thirties, he stands all day, every day, by the curb and just stares at the cars passing. As I understand it, he has some mental promblems, but I like to think he's just waiting for a ice cream truck. I'm tempted to wait with him, some days.


The Pigeon Lady

Everyday on her morning walk, in her purple velor track suit, she drops a handful of birdseed on the lawn of the apartment complex across from mine. Thanks to her sponsorship, we have our own flock of pigeons, that coo so musically every morning.


My Backup Cat

Maximus has a twin. A little black and white cat in the neighborhood that has fooled both JR and my AJN into thinking Max had gotten out and chasing him all over the complex. If I wasn't certain that Max had a.) never gotten out and b.) was fixed, I would suspect Max of being this cat's father, the resemblance is that eerie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home