Tuesday, July 26, 2005
More thoughts on the Pigeon Lady.
When I think of a hero, oddly enough, the image of the Pigeon Lady comes to mind. Why? I'll explain.

I remember being a very little kid, and discovering the joy of feeding ducks at a local pond. At first thrilled to have the ducks comes so close and look so happy about the stale bread bits, it quickly turned to dismay when hundreds of ducks crowded around. I remember looking down at my little bag of dried bread and back up at all the ducks and feeling that it was all so unfair. I was unconsolable that I COULDN'T FEED THEM ALL.

As I grew up, I had that feeling about many of life's problems. I couldn't clothe ALL of the mexican orphans the church was collecting clothes for, I couldn't feed all the homeless men and no matter how much I did, there would always be more people in need.

I don't think I was the only one that felt discouraged about even trying, and would rather just ignore the problem.

As I became an adult, I realized that sometimes the hardest thing you can do is take your little handful of what you have, time or money or love, to one little flock and not be discouraged by what you cannot do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home