Monday, July 18, 2005
Another Actual Conversation
WEIRD Man in Coffee Shop - "So, you MUST be a blues fan."

Woman Writing in Coffee Shop - "No, but my cat is."

*long pause as WEIRD Man seems thrown and wonders how to proceed, and Woman scribbles away in her notebook*

WEIRD Man - "You doing homework?"

Woman Writing - "Er, yes." *nudges copy of InStyle Magazine with Courtney Cox on the cover, toward the WEIRD Man* "I'm writing my thesis on this."

*another long pause*

WEIRD Man - "You writing about me in that notebook?"

Woman Writing - "Yes."

WEIRD Man - *hopefully* "My name is Jeff."

Woman Writing - *doesn't look up* "I'll be sure to spell it right."

*another long pause*

WEIRD Man - "You from around here?"

Woman Writing - "No, St. Louis, but I fly in for the coffee here."

WEIRD Man - "Really?"

Woman Writing - *doesn't look up* "No."

WEIRD Man - *leans in with a leering and suggestive wink* "'Cause you look like you're from San Diego."

Woman Writing - *pauses for a minute, looks the WEIRD Man in the eye for the first time, wonders if he is drunk, wonders what the heck he means by the last comment, shrugs and returns to writing without responding*

WEIRD Man - *wanders off*


1 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

You have guts chica! It probably would have ended badly for me.

Post a Comment

<< Home