Wednesday, June 22, 2005
In theory.
Don't lie, girls. You planned your wedding as a child. You probably still have some ideas for it.
So this isn't by any means an anouncement. Yes, I probably will marry JR someday. No, he hasn't asked me. Yes, it's more or less a given in conversation between us. But again, no anouncement has or is being made.

That said, I have a pretty good idea of what I want from my wedding. Plus, Ike wanted to know what I was picturing. So picture this.

You get a handwritten invitation. It invites you to dress "as yourself, only more so, keeping in mind that there will be messy food and dancing."
You arrive at about 4pm on a Sunday afternoon at Bunny's house and walk up a red carpet, where JR and I will be greeting y'all and pictures of us will be taken. The yard will be decked out with tables, chairs, benches and picnic blankets at random. There will be eating of fresh mexican food at a buffet, and dancing. Lots of both, food and dancing. I personally intend to dance and eat chicken at the same time. There will be good music. Children underfoot, and pets welcome. After everyone is utterly stuffed, and just a wee bit buzzed from sangria and champagne, the festivities begin. The cememony will be hosted, award show style. Everyone is sitting at tables, including JR and I, and audience participation is DEMANDED. There will be musical numbers, and the boquet will be awarded to the people's choice. Loud comments from the guests will be encouraged. Then, as the finale, JR and I will say our vows, Bunny's youngest son, Joel, will announce "Mr and Mrs Walkenhorst" in his adorable lisp and JR and I will leave y'all to dance the rest of the night away.


2 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

sounds beautiful. i can smell the food. and picture the sunset!

Blogger luca said...

It's perfect.

Post a Comment

<< Home