Thursday, June 23, 2005
"Honey, that guy selling cotton candy keeps walking past me, like he KNOWS how badly I want one."
Last night was a company outing to a Padres baseball game. JR and I decided not to fight the traffic downtown and parked in Old Town and took the trolley to the stadium. It was a perfect summer night, warm, breezy, with a full moon. I love this town.

The game was interesting, we lost, but it was close. I got to play with Ma' Otha Homie in Marketing's 1 year old son, he's a doorbell.

I swear the cotton candy vendors were taunting me by hovering right around our section. I resisted. Until the sixth inning when JR was like, "Dude, you obviously want one" and bought me one. I heart that man so.
We left a bit early, because the game was running late, and hopped back on the trolley, me with my sticky blue cotton-candied fingers and lips. JR laughed at my blue lips, but didn't think it was funny when I suggested staggering up to people and whispering, "I can't breathe".

I sorta made a friend on the trolley, but we never said a word to each other. He nodded as we sat down across from him. I bobbed my head the music I could hear from his iPod. He winked. I pointed to his sweater and then did a thumbs up (it was green argayle). He looked at my blue fingers and laughed. I raised my eyes questioningly at his book, he turned it so I could read the title. "Ain't Nothin' But A G Thang - a social commentary by gansta rappers". We nodded as JR and I got off.

It was a lovely night under a summer moon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home